Today more than ever, it's important as a small business to have an online presence. Recognizing the need to be online is the first step, but where do you go from there? There are a lot of common pitfalls that small businesses can run into when they make the leap into the online world. Here we will cover some of the common web mistakes that small businesses make.
- No website
- This may seem obvious, it’s why you are looking into getting a website, but a lot of small businesses don’t have any online presence at all! A good website can act as a store front for your customers to always reach you, even when a brick and mortar location might be closed. Nowadays people do a lot of research online before visiting the physical storefront, so make sure your name is in the mix!
- A website that's not mobile friendly
- Mobile internet usage surpassed desktop usage starting in 2016. Today, 80% of consumers use their smartphones to access the internet. So if your website is not mobile friendly, you're missing out on a large group of potential customers. Not only that, but search engines show preferences to sites that are mobile-friendly, so you're less likely to be seen in user searches.
- Rethink your navigation
- Are you able to simplify the navigation on your site? Nothing is more frustrating for a user than a hard to use navigation bar that doesn’t make any sense. Review your navigation to make sure each tab is pointing to the correct place, and making sure all dropdowns are serving up relevant info according to what tab they are under.
- An out-of-date website
- The only thing worse than no site at all, is an old, out of date website. When was the last time you freshened up your website? An old-looking website can give the impression that you don't really care about your brand's image and can turn away potential customers. Update your website design to reflect your brand's image.
If you are a business owner and would like to bring your company online, contact us today to see how we can help you. If you already have a website and want fully managed hosting backed by 24/7/365 expert support based out of Omaha, Nebraska, contact us to see which of our hosting plans is right for you.